CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Craft Spot Design Team Submission: Mini Book

Kimberly at My Craft Spot is having a Design Team call. I was so inspired I couldn't wait to get started. For my project, I made a mini book. I had so much fun creating this project. I just purchased a new Martha Stewart punch, Doily Lace, because I had this tri-fold card design in mind. A confession? This project started off as a card, but then I decided to use a new technique I just learned on creating a mini book with glue as the binding; no binding machine necessary. I couldn't wait to try it and this was a perfect opportunity.

I popped up the title on the book to give it extra dimension.

For the pages, you start by scoring the patterned paper the same spot as your book, in this case, at 4.25". You adhere the first page down and then adhere each additional page to the previous. That is how the binding is made. You can view an awesome video on this technique by Heidi Swapp here on My Craft Channel. That bright circle on the top right is actually a flower cut from glittered patterned paper with an epoxy sticker over it.

You can see the epoxy sticker effect better in this picture. I created a pocket on the bottom and stuck a tag in there that can be used for journaling or a small photo.


I left the middle page kind of plain because the paper is so graphic and I wanted to have it vacant for a larger photo.
I had so much fun creating this mini book, I will definitely be making more of these! Thanks for looking and come back soon.

Recipe:
  • Base at 5.5" x 10". Score at 4.25" and 8.5"
  • All paper from My Mind's Eye Lovenest and Spring Feast from First Edition
  • 1" circle punch and 3/4" square punch for the cover banner and base for facets and epoxy stickers
  • My Creative Time Anyday Bingo & Crossword for the letters on the cover
  • My Pink Stamper Stamps Family & Friends for the "memories" on the cover
  • Tim Holtz Facets
  • 1" Epoxy stickers
  • Brad on outside from Basic Grey Sweet Threads collection
  • Glossy Accents as adhesive for facets and epoxy stickers
  • Cricut Cartridge Kate's ABCs for the flower
  • Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Best of luck. I'm a hopeful too.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous album! I love the layered lace borders on the front - and the inside is wonderful too!
    Good luck with the My Craft Spot Design Team call!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful book! I love all of the pretty papers you chose and the lacy borders!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Good luck to you on the DT Call!!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete