CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Gift Card Holders

I had this idea to make a bunch of gift card holders a few weekends ago so I'd have them on hand for birthdays, housewarming and Christmas. I picked out my patterned paper, sat down with all my supplies, and got creating. I was so excited to finish and get on with the next one, until I realized how unhappy I was with the finished product. Needless to say, my bubble was burst, I was discouraged, and in true "baby" fashion, stopped and wallowed for the rest of the night. LOL.

Well, this weekend my husband and I went to Hobby Lobby. I had no idea there were any in New York, let alone 45 minutes from my house! We are a somewhat rural/suburban town, but it's quite country. Lots of crafters here in Upstate New York and the only craft store we have is Joann's. And it's quite lack-luster. It has about one-quarter of the scrapbooking goodies I've seen in other Joann's and they almost always are "out of stock" on Cricut cartridges. They only have a few 4x6 DCWV paper stacks and their stamp collection is limited, to say the least. The next closest craft store is AC Moore and that's 20 minutes away and that's just as boring. So, I was thrilled going into Hobby Lobby. Luckily, there's restaurants abound in the same town, so it'll be easy to make the drive then go to lunch. I'm SO excited. Too bad they don't accept competitor coupons. :( Oh well.


Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I saw I saw Emma from My Creative Time make a gift card holder and I loved the idea of using mini brown paper bag sachettes. I found them in Hobby Lobby and had to get them. The mini bags measure 4" x 2.5" and are PERFECT for gift cards! Here's a picture of the back of one.


While at Hobby Lobby, I picked up some Tim Holtz Fragments on clearance, half off. I'm so glad I did because they were the perfect touch to finish off this project, don't you agree?

Here's a close up of the fragment. I stamped the image on stone cardstock from Papertrey Ink, inked up the edges with Stampin Up! Crumb Cake ink, spread some Glossy Accents over the top, and stuck the fragment on top. After about 10 minutes, it was dry enough to move. I adhered it to my base with Tombow liquid adhesive.


For my Christmas gift card holder, I used Emma's All Around Christmas set. For the "fur", I used Snow Writer, which is an awesome product. While it was wet, I used a little glitter to give it some sparkle and I love how it looks in person. It's so fluffy and it dries hard. Very easy to use even though it's from a bottle, not a pen. Here's the Snow Writer I used.
And here's how it looks on this adorable image from Emma:


And here's the whole thing. I used a Christmas stack I bought at Hobby Lobby from The Paper Studio. Boy, did I have fun at that store!
Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment