CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Simple Joys of Life


I made this "anything" card with my new Freshly Picked cartridge. I love mushrooms and this cut was so easy to layer I couldn't wait to use it. That adorable butterfly is from the Create a Critter cartridge and the postage stamp-like base is from Gypsy Wanderings. The base is Berry Sorbet from Papertrey Ink. I had that ribbon in my stash from my local scrapbooking store. I've had it for about a year and love it so much that I couldn't bring myself to "waste" it. I only bought a yard. LOL. How absurd! Anyway, I love that background paper which is a subtle blue that looks like the sky and it's layered on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock from Stampin Up. Crumb Cake is almost identical to Kraft cardstock, which I'm almost out of :/. Those tiny buttons are from a generic bag I purchased from Joann's. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set. I added some black stitching around to make the card pop because it seemed a little dull. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the shape of your base and the extra doodling you added is wonderful. Nicely done!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn love how you tilted the square and the checked paper on the mushrooms is so pretty.
    karen
    www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete