CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Simple Joys of Life


I made this "anything" card with my new Freshly Picked cartridge. I love mushrooms and this cut was so easy to layer I couldn't wait to use it. That adorable butterfly is from the Create a Critter cartridge and the postage stamp-like base is from Gypsy Wanderings. The base is Berry Sorbet from Papertrey Ink. I had that ribbon in my stash from my local scrapbooking store. I've had it for about a year and love it so much that I couldn't bring myself to "waste" it. I only bought a yard. LOL. How absurd! Anyway, I love that background paper which is a subtle blue that looks like the sky and it's layered on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock from Stampin Up. Crumb Cake is almost identical to Kraft cardstock, which I'm almost out of :/. Those tiny buttons are from a generic bag I purchased from Joann's. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set. I added some black stitching around to make the card pop because it seemed a little dull. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the shape of your base and the extra doodling you added is wonderful. Nicely done!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and love the sentiment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn love how you tilted the square and the checked paper on the mushrooms is so pretty.
    karen
    www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete